Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Quick Fix - Homemade Strawberry Milk

This is a good snack for anyone.  Use it as a special treat or a dessert and I'm fairly sure kids will love it.  Lately, I have really been into strawberry milk.  And  I don’t mean the crazy-loaded-with-weird-and-hard-to-pronounce-chemicals-that-does-who-knows-what-to-you Nesquik-types.  I mean my own home recipe for strawberry milk.  Why not give this to your kids as a treat?  They can make it as they drink it, and it’s a good way to get your fruit.  You can probably do this with other fruits too, but this is a Strawberry only zone.

Ingredients:
-       6-8 oz milk (you don’t want to overload on milk)
-       Honey
-       Four Strawberries (Fresh or Frozen)


There are two ways I like to do this.  First, blend it all together.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.  (Ooh I bet a small amount of lemon would be delicious!)

Second, put your strawberries in a glass, add milk to barely cover them, drizzle with honey grab a fork and squish the strawberries.  This is why I think it would be fun for kids to do – because you get to make your own glass by squishing the strawberries.  Plus, it looks pretty.
 
Enjoy!


#Strawberrymilk #DIY #howto #recipe #kidfriendly #easyrecipe 


No comments:

Post a Comment